Monday, January 07, 2008

Well Now


So I have a ton to say and I've no idea why. I didn't have some earth shaking weekend. I didn't do anything to bring on the amount of things I want to say. Funny how one little thing (my thing being a greeting card in target) can kick you in the butt and make you realize a lot in a super short amount of time. First, this weekend was nice. I didn't feel all that great on Saturday and rested the entire day. Beautiful. Sunday we slept in and got around to wonderful weather. Like no coat and a short sleeve short weather. Wow. In Jan! We went a few places (one being my favorite craft store. This store is so amazing and I wish I could work there. The window displays are wonderful. The people who work there are wonderful. It's all just so cute and wonderful. I could seriously be in there for hours looking at everything. I get anxious though when I'm in there and end up just scanning the store and quickly but quietly exiting with nothing. Why? Well because I want everything and I have trouble narrowing it down.) Got some groceries and of course went to Target. I'm not sure what I would do without Target. I mean, I'd have to shop at Walmart and well, I just don't know. I think we would have a lot less stuff. Hm. Anyway, back on track. Target, greeting card isle, me reading an orange and green card with a bird on the front. You know I love orange and birds, so it seemed like a perfect thing. I smiled at the picture and then I read the words printed. Simple words. Nothing, again, earth shaking but highly meaningful to me at this time in my life. It said:


"Don't just live the life you've been given, make the life you want."


See. Simple. Wow. I had to buy the card. It made me think and anything that makes me think is worth my $2.99. So I started to wonder "what kind of life do I want? What in my life can I change? AND how do I do this?" Below is my brain storm of the answers that flowed out of my head and into my fingers...


I wanna make fun skirts, and wear tall socks with boots, I want to have cute hair that is funny colored and easy, I want to cook and bake and eat yummy things, I want to run and be happy with my body, I want to live in a house that reflects who we are, I want to be a fun person and smile a lot, I want to listen to music, I want to open the windows, I want to have jugs of flowers in my kitchen, I want to sew gifts for my family, I want to learn to knit even if it hurts my hands, be the wife of my husband’s dreams, I want to clean my house with joy, I want to day dream, I want to love my job no matter what I’m doing, I want to know God in a new way and have him use me to touch others lives, I want to read good books, I want to take baths by candle light, I want to shop in thrift stores and antique malls, I want to enjoy the day, I want to be good to myself and others, I want to be inspired by everyday women, I want to someday be a mom, I want to someday not work outside the home, I want to call my parents, I want to be a good person, I want to make a quilt, make our house a home, not take things or people for granted, wear high heels, learn to live with less, become more organized


Hm...

No comments: