Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year, Same Me

So it was terrible having to get up and actually GO to work today. Really I didn't want to get out from under the blankets. The last few days have been great. Sleeping in and staying warm. Well mostly warm. We did a little shopping, a little napping and a lot of eating. Man am I glad that treadmill is getting put together this week. Martin family Christmas turned out to be pretty fun. Played games and eat snacks all day. Killian is just the cutest little monster out there today.
Work today has gone by pretty quickly, so that's good. I got a great gift basket from one of my execs. She is based out of MI and I've actually never seen her face to face in my life. She is very nice though and I like her even more now that I see all the food in this pretty basket.
Also, I MUST share with you a photo of my new handbag. It's so pretty and soft. I got a heck of a deal on it too. It's my new love. It's got pockets for all my stuff and it's also got the chain for my keys on the inside. Perfect.

This picture truly doesn't do it justice. It's no shiny at all. Butter soft and pretty dove grey. Makes me smile every time I see it.

Tonight I'm off to get a gift for a co worker who is leaving the company to be a stay at home mom. Wow! She has like three whole days left of working before moving to a new state and getting some time to just be with her babies. Good luck, Cori! I can't imagine how is she working today. I would be so restless that I couldn't focus on my "job".

Oh, side note: It's colder than I don't even know what here today. I think the coldest of the year so far. In the teens.

I realize now that I didn't write about our New Years but truly there isn't much to tell. We went with Gran to some church people's house. Their daughter has three screaming children that made every one's night MISERABLE. We stayed till almost eleven. Got home in time to see the ball drop and to witness Dick Clark make out with who I'm assuming is his wife. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put him back on tv after his health problems, ought to be shot. Poor man.

No comments: