Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Blah, Blah, Blah

I'm feeling stupendously house-y right now. I've been out looking at shots of people's wonderfully creative and well organized homes. I don't like traditional stuff. Here are some of the shots I adore the most...




I just want our house to be done. I want some magical fairy godmother to come in and make it cute. Pick out all the stuff (but stuff I would like) and just wave her magic wand. I know it's a process. I know it takes time. People, I'm goin on two years here. Well in this house. We've never had a style or really something that felt home like. It's all seemed like collage students. Not having carpet bothers me too. I feel like my house is ghetto. I know I chose to rip it up. It's an impulse thing I inherited for my dear mother. It's not bad but sometimes we don't think past the problem. I'm glad to have that nasty carpet gone but now I have plain plank flooring in there and pretty hard wood everywhere else. Soon.
We just need to do some shopping. Some second hand shopping. I need storage and little stuff to warm up the house. Make things cute. I need hooks for hanging coats, aprons, handbags. I need really book storage the cat can't knock over. I need a small dinning set and white vases for little flowers. I need vintage fabric to sew curtains, table cloths, tea towels. I need stuff for my walls big time. I'm the worst with pictures. The worst.

No comments: