Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Pretty proud of us. Today John has the day off and is working on putting in the laundry room floor. Pictures of that to come.
Work today has been great. My exec came in and decided to change her flight stuff. Check. Wanted me to look for her prescription sunglasses she lost at some point in the beginning of the month. Check. Needed me to print out some really big docs all formatted up fancy. Check check. The life of an admin is pretty sweet so far. Hopefully every Monday is this nice.
Friday, September 21, 2007
The Name Game
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Heather Element
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie),Cherry Garcia Snickerdoodle
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name),N-Mar
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal),Green Owl
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born),Lynn Kansas City
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first),Marna
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink),The Grey Mojito
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers),Richard Donald
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),Nina Cinnamon Bear
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),Lynn Earl
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),Wright Washington
12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower).Fall Orchid
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)Green Apple Jeanie
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),Yogurt Willow
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),The Reading Wind Tour
New thing for me. I love love love white owls. Owls really but white ones for sure. May have come from reading all those HP books and loving how JK would write about Hedwig. I dunno. I love this little guy. I need one.
Last but not least. The perfect fall pump. These look eco funky. I love the richness of the leather and love love love the wooden heel. Plus the mini peep toe makes them hippie glam. I would love these with a tweed skirt, a button front shirt, argyle sweater vest for work but would be really cute with wide leg jeans and my grey cowl neck dress. Oh the possibilities.
Ok. I'm done boring you today with details of my mind. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hopefully I will have much to report on Monday.
Peace and Love, Yo!
(Whomever I heard say that it made me giggle because it so doesn't go together but it's appropriate for the day I think.)
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Taking a deep breath...
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Yesterday was an odd and special day. I'm still a bit freaked by this (after all I wouldn't be acting like myself if I wasn't) but I was offered a new role at my job. It's something I had previously not been interested in doing but now seems like a decent time to try it. It's something new for me and of course that is scary. The exciting things about it are: I will have a wonderful manager, I should get a great pay raise on top of the raise I just got, I will be in a new building, The other admin on the floor is really cool. I will be supporting four pretty high level directors and vice presidents and I'm super nervous about it. I think however once I'm a little more prepared with some training and once I meet them I might be ok. Hopefully. It's scary to do something new.
Also, yesterday John's sister Leslie called to tell us she is pregnant with baby number two. Little signs of life popping up everywhere.
Oh and John is on the cusp of possibly getting a new car within the next two weeks. He contacted a dealership yesterday looking for the color and trim package he wants. He's had trouble even being able to test drive one because they fly off the lot. So the guy tells him the exact car John wants is the next one they have coming on the lot. Black, manual transmission, sport package. John was thrilled. Everything happens for a reason.
So with the change in weather comes change in our lives this year. Crazy to think how in one day your entire life can change. Scary but exciting.