Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clean Up

So I finally got around to dragging out all our books and managed to get then onto our new beautiful bookshelves. It was phase one of maybe ten for cleaning the spare room. I've a little overwhelming to me at this point. So I've decided that if I tackle like 30minutes a night on it, it will be over before I know it. We had more books that I remembered but I do have a book buying problem. I know that. It could be worse. I could be shoes right. Oh wait...I was really happy with the end result of shelves. We look really smart now. Sadly I don't have a lot of room for more books. Maybe we need another shelf. Went out for a little walk last night with John and our girls. At one point Yorda was so excited she ran smack into a light pole. She hit so hard it knocked her completely out of her harness. I felt like a terrible mother but it was pretty funny. She just stood there looking at us like "What just happened?"
Today seems to be pretty low key at work. I've got execs out traveling and on vacation. I have some expenses to get turned in which is always a big process. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. I trained this morning to cover the front desk at our external client meeting center for tomorrow morning. I'm actually kind of excited about doing it. It's a little taste of what I used to do but In a super swank area. I'll try and snap a shot or two of this amazing place for you. It kinda made me realize I miss my old job. Mainly just the activity of it all. I sit all day now and just work on stuff on my computer. I miss being up, cleaning up, making things nice, helping people out with their problems and just being a nice smile welcome when you walk through the door. I'm kinda hidden now. No lost or random people coming by needing help now. I'm just here, working. Don't get me wrong. My job now is great. I have a great desk with a great view, great execs who like me and give me good feedback and a decent manager. I really can't complain.

No comments: