Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well...

Much to my surprise, it's a girl. I won't lie and say I wasn't taken off guard by this fact because for some reason I just really felt in my heart I was having a boy. John took me out to dinner that night and he tried to get me to open up about how I was feeling about it all. It wasn't that I don't or didn't want her if she was a girl because I do but it was so odd. Like my son had died or something. It was almost like I was grieving a death and not realizing that I still have life inside of me. To get myself out of that funk I decided the best thing to do was go look at little girl things. Something I never do because I tend to always think the boy clothes are much cuter. So after a few stores (and this seriously cute little blanket in which I totally couldn't resist buying) I started feeling better. We started wondering about her. What color hair she will have. What color eyes. It also helps that we can call her "she" now and talk about names. It makes it all so much more real. I'm not completely 100% normal yet but I'm close. I'm getting excited about little girl things (as John says how I'm going to dress her like a mini Naomi). And also as my Mom and John both mentioned, God knows what we need better than we do. I'm trying to keep that into perspective and breath...

Yesterday, we went to the Ren Fest. I'm not sure why every year we go. It seems like tradition at this point. We took Jessica our 13 year old cousin this year. She'd never been. We had fun even though it was hot and my feet hurt something terrible once we finally got back to the car. Jess was excited about the petting zoo (she loves Llama's) and the head gear. I got my hands hennaed (which I've always wanted to do) and John ate a giant turkey leg (but that was after my hands we rendered useless by the henna art, so I couldn't take a photo).

Also, yesterday they called us to tell us our crib was in. We dropped Jess off and rushed over to pick it up even though we were so tired. We're going to spend today finishing up cleaning out her room and putting together her new little bed. Wow, that's gonna be weird.

No comments: