Friday, February 16, 2007

Minor Irritations of Women Everywhere

So from the title you might have guessed, I'm irritated once again. What is it with the clothing companies? I've got four inches of snow on my front lawn and they're trying to sell me flips flops and bermuda shorts. WHAT?!? I understand that they have to get us ready for summer but don't you think you should wait a little closer to, umm...summer? I'm just as ready as the next gal for sleeveless and sandals but sheesh! To Be Continued...

So last night Gran and I are out shopping for her some warm weather clothes for her trip to Florida coming this weekend and it's just down right colder than crap outside. We did however have a great time and ended up stopping in to Ghengis Khan for some fabulous mongolian food. Here's what I had.
I love how you always have so many dishes on your table that you don't know where to turn next. It feels so extravagant. Anyway, the food is always good, it's sorta healthy and they have awesome hot tea. Now I know what you're thinking, "You aren't suppose to be having tea little missy!" well...thanks to my mom we figured out that some herbal teas (peppermint, jasmine, green tea) don't have caffeine and therefore I should be able to drink them. So what if I'm working the system. I'll take what I can get!

Anyway, back to the story. We shopped in the cold to no avail. She got nothing. Not even a pair of shoes. Talk about sad. So we're heading back out tonight to hopefully stumble apon some really cute something, someplace.

The weekend looks to be "fun". John and I are going to cut out and repour the floor in the laundry room. Heaven will be smiling down on my washer and dryer as they will now be able to sit completely flat on the completely flat floor. I wish you could hear the angels singing right now. I've also heard talk of doing something for valentines. Not sure what but something. More details to come I'm sure. We also are suppose to experience something of a heat wave come tomorrow morning. Seems we may top out at 40ish. Everyone is actually excited about it. It's very sad when you get excited about 40. Twenty one days till we fly out to Nashville. It's going to be a great time. I'm feeling excited and nervous. Lots of people I haven't met before and I'm also suppose to be sewing trousers for the trip that I haven't gotten around to. Fabric shopping this weekend while John is tearing the house to pieces. I WILL have trousers!

No comments: