Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Here's to Stomach Aches, Doctor's Offices and No More Chips and Salsa...

So my life is officially over. Well it seems as such right now. I'm sure in the very near future I will come to be fine with the news I received yesterday but at this second, I'm peeved.

So I've had this stomach ache (as we all know. Not the one I've had most of my life but a new one. One that's lasted going on week two now) and figured it was just fluish gross that is going around. Alas, I pine for the flu. I lust after the flu. Why? Because it goes away and I don't have to deal with it again till, well the next time I get it. Somehow the doctor believes (and far be it from me to say he doesn't know what he's talking about) that I have something called Gastritis. Something borderline to an ulcer due to food not stress. He's put me on a once a day medication that is suppose to block acid but then there's the kicker, I have to give up a bunch of stuff. No caffeine, no liquor, no choc, no tomato based things, no spicy stuff, no fried anything, no garlic, not a lot of cheese. I think the only things that are really bothering me at this point is the no hot tea (which I have each morning for breakfast), no chips and salsa and no chocolate. I mean what am I'm going to do with out periodic chocolate? So I've been looking around this morning online about foods I can have and recipes for meals that follow the guide lines. So far I think I can handle it. Lots of grilled meats, steamed veggies and fresh fruits. Pretty much what I know I should have been eating all along. Now I just have to eat them. It's going to be a hard road folks. Sometimes you just get the need for chicken nuggets or ice cream. I am trying to look at it in a different way though. Trying to look at it as blessing that now I have a medical reason not to eat junk stuff. I guess in a way it makes it easier to talk myself out of things and it makes me be more creative with meals. I'm sure a much healthier me will come out of this. Help keep me strong people, I'm going to need you!!!!

No comments: