Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year, New Life

Seems crazy it's the last day of the year. I've been thinking a lot about how my life will change in 2009 and it's a little overwhelming. Hazel is 7 weeks (well technically speaking 6.5 weeks) away from entering our world. Our lives will never again be the same. Of course I'm excited about that but also scared (as any young first time mother would be). I'm excited to meet her though. To see what or who she looks like, to hold her little tiny body in my arms, to show her off to the world. It's the ultimate art project. "Look what we made!" I'm also excited to be on maternity leave for at least 8 weeks. I can't imagine not coming into the office everyday for 8 entire weeks. I've been working here for 8 years now and can't imagine my only job being to take care of my baby. Entirely new world for me. I'm also hoping to get some sewing time in while I'm home with Little H. I've been spying some patterns I'd like to try out. I would imagine jeans and a cotton top will be my outfit of choice for the next little while. My friends say not even jeans but I've never been much of a sweatpants person. I didn't wear elastic waist pants while pregnant until I couldn't possibly breath in my others. Even then I tried to squeeze myself into them. I do miss real pants. And heels. I know I won't be needing those for some time now but they are still fun to look at and dream about. I have an obsessive love for impractical shoes. Like these for example. I've been flat out drooling over these for ages now. However they are now out of my size and have a 4 inch heel. Infant & four inch heels don't go hand in hand I'm guessing. Sad. I am excited to get back to wearing "real" clothes again. Even if they aren't fancy dresses or the same size I used to wear. Heck, I'll be excited to be able to see my non swollen feet at some point again.

I don't like the idea of making resolutions. People always put so much pressure on themselves to come up with a list of things they want to do in the new year and then feel terrible about themselves when they fall off the wagon. I'm content just knowing that everyday of 2009 will be an adventure of some sort. Might be just something as simple as Hazel slept for four hours straight but I'm going to be thankful for every single day of it.

Happy New Year Everybody! I hope your new year rings in bright and full of hope. I know ours will...

No comments: