Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Warm Weather Where Are You?

Today it's raining and 45. Could be colder and I think it's suppose to be later this week. It's got me thinking about warm weather. Here are my warm weather inspirations today:
This summer robe looks so light and comfy. You can't tell it from this pic but it's also gingham, which when I saw it in the Boden catalog last night instantly transported me back to when I was a kid. I had a blue gingham baby blanket that was super soft from years of wash. I really think I must have this robe.
This cookbook, which I actually just purchased minutes ago from Amazon, looks to be what my summer meal planning will be all about. Ellie makes some really great recipes that are healthy but also seem sinful. I'm excited for grilling out but doing it with a more healthy spin. I love the ideas Ellie brings together in this book. I'm really excited to get it. I also ordered a exercise DVD along with it. A little toning will be good for me this summer.
Hopefully once I've got the DVD going just about everyday, I'll be more excited to wear this. I haven't decided for sure on it but I love how it's sort of vintage looking. Then I have to decide on a color, which is also hard. I may go with a two piece instead but at least I'm thinking about it. I can't, however, swim. Interesting huh.
Also, I've been dreaming of a fruity drink to make this summer while friends are over. Something simple but pretty. This one fits the bill. It's called Raspberry Iced Tea Punch and I got it off the food network site. Here's the recipe:

Raspberry Iced Tea Punch

2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
1 pint fresh raspberries
1 lemon, sliced
20 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
3 cups tea, freshly brewed, sweetened to taste and chilled
1 bottle sparkling white wine
Ice

Fill a large pitcher with the fruit and mint. The add the tea and let sit for 10 minutes to infuse. Once you're ready to serve, add the sparkling white wine. Pour into glass with ice. Add mint for garnish.

I also can't wait to: Get fresh flowers for the house every week, get new curtains for the living room so I can let the sunshine in, plant flowers in pots for my front porch, wear summer dresses with my new gold sandals, Take the dogs out for walks, being out in our yard doing yard work together, grilling out on the new patio we're going to have poured, making lemon bars for a picnic in the park, summer vacation...

No comments: