Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Biggest Loser

So we all know I'm strangely in love with this show. I've yet to figure out what started me watching it and John wonders why I continue but I know. I often cry during the show because these people are so inspiring but also just really good people. Next week is the finale and I'm sad a little. Happy that their real lives can begin again. They can see their families, go back to their jobs and sleep in their own beds but also sad because I'll miss them. It's funny to me how I've always been able to become attached to people I don't know. It's part of the reason books are so hard for me. I become so involved with the characters and then it's over and I have to find new friends to care about. Anyway, this season two people have really become my favorites. Roger and Brittnay. Brit has already been voted off the show but has lost over 66 pounds. Roger is in the final four and has lost the most weight of anyone on the ranch, ever. He started out at 363 is now down to 219. That's 144 pounds people. That's crazy! I really hope he can make it to the final three but I don't know if he will. Their before and afters are amazing. Amazing! I say it every week.

I read a quote today I think is really wonderful. Watching this show and reading things like this really makes you stop your everyday routine and think about what you are doing.

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

This makes me think about all the time I've wasted being freaked out about my body. Being worried because I couldn't wear skinny jeans or a pencil skirt. I realize today that I'm less worried about those things than ever in my life. I have days were that's still hard but overall I'm really liking who I am. I'm ok that my skin is pale, that my hips are big that my smile is toothy. All those things that I used to just want to fade into the background for being, don't seem so important when you really stop to examine your life. I have life. I have health. I have family. I have future. Some people don't have those things. Some people are completely alone with no one else. Some people have health problems they can't rise above. I'm thanking God today that even though my body isn't model perfect, I'm strong and healthy. Loved and cared for. Well fed and warm. Content and pleasantly surprised.

2 comments:

Patti said...

It's when I read things like this that I even more aware of how mature you are becoming. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to "hear" you be so centered. I'm very, very proud of the woman you are becoming.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.