Friday, September 14, 2007

Best of Luck and Good Wishes...

I've been hearing a lot of this today. Today is my last official day in my role. I start training Monday of this coming week and then have to fly the entire ship on my own the following Monday. I'm stressed. I wouldn't lie to you and say I'm not. There is a ton to learn and not enough hours in the day to learn it. I'm sad to leave my current spot because I will miss the people and knowing what I'm doing. The new role will be challenging and possibly frustrating at times but it will be a growing experience that I've been scared of for a long time. This is a real adult job this time. No safety nets here. Just me treading water for a while till I figure out what I'm doing. The team here has been great. Balloons, going away signs, presents. We're even all going out for lunch today one last time. I almost feel like I'm leaving the company all together. With there being 10 buildings on our campus now it's almost like I am. I hope against hope that some of the people I care about the most will continue to care about me. Something only time will tell. I'm leaving a great group but hoping to get a new great group in return. My life feels a bit like a soap opera lately but everything happens for a reason.

Taking a deep breath...

No comments: