Monday, March 05, 2007

Summer Skin

So this weekend flew by at light speed but it was absolutely lovely. We spent Friday night with Gran. We got some of her last minute errands done and ate Chinese food at the bar of her house. We talked and laughed till we cried. It's always nice to have something fun to remember her by when she leaves for a long time. Three weeks this time. Paris. London.

Saturday morning I was up early bathing dogs and rushing around trying to be a good momma for them. Going to Granny's house is always exciting but they get so nervous when we leave. The drive was nice. Snow flurries made the extremely dull journey a bit magical. That and my Ipod. We had a great lunch with M&G and spent some time just talking. The drive home was equally good, although we were minus the babies and it wasn't the same. I didn't sleep all that well Saturday night because I kept missing them being there. It felt weird to have the two extra spots of bed I normal lack. I could move freely and without worrying about knocking them out of bed. I didn't like it. Not. One. Bit.

Sunday we slept in. I woke up to sunshine and read till John woke up. We made breakfast and got our list for the day lined out. We spent the day cleaning but it was strangely relaxing. No rush. No deadlines. We cut his hair too. It was just wild and out of control. He looks and feels so much better. We had a lovely day. I didn't want the weekend to end.

It did however and I'm at work now. The day is almost over for me now though. I've spent it doing a few minor things but mostly just getting caught up from the weekend. I did however stop off at one of my favorite websites for some sewing inspiration. I sat down to work on my grey dress last night but my sewing machine is so touchy. I have to work on it more tonight. I'm hoping to get some cotton fabric for a hippie tank to take on vacation.

Speaking of, it's only four days (counting today) till we leave. I'm getting things all lined out for that. Lists of things I don't want to forget, clothing options, things to do before we go. I'm excited because the weather has really warmed up here and I'm hoping it will stay nice for our time.
Anyway, BACK up to the inspiration for the day. Wanted to share some things I'm in love with right now:

No comments: