Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sometimes I HATE Technology...

I've been trying all day to post something new but I keep getting an error. This morning I logged on and wrote a beautiful post about vacation and other various good stuff. Poof! In a flash it was gone. I'll try again.

Vacation was good. We did some shopping and LOTS of eating. It was lovely to see Gaga and Sharon but also nice to spend time with Mom and Gran Patti. I'm happily got all my fall and winter wardrobe purchased. I'm wicked glad to be done with that. I love fashion and clothing but hate to shop for clothing for myself. Wonder why.

Been thinking and reading a lot lately about purposeful living. All of this started because of an article I read in Relevent Magazine a while back. They of course talked about living a life a purpose for God but also living a life of purpose in other ways. One way was being more conscious of the little ways you can effect the environment. I thought about what that could mean for me. How I could in my daily life effect something so great. I came across a guy who has written a few books about just this subject. He is a really cool person and has lots of creative ideas on just this subject. His name is Danny Seo. Now, I'm just gonna stop you all right there. I know what your thinking and I can assure you that I'm not going to go crazy on you. Promise! Ok, back to Danny. His first book "Conscious Style Home: Eco-Friendly Living for the 21st Century" is way cool (I actually just bought it and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the mail). He actually redoes his parents house into a more eco friendly space. I love the idea. He repurposes things, he gives you great tips on donating unused items and all kinds of other cool stuff. The article I initially read about him gave a tour of his home (Which was killer cute) and showed how he has been able to be friendly to the environment but still live like a king. I know this isn't for everyone but it's something I find to be very interesting. Below are some links. One is Danny's blog. He's one of the editors of Country Home Magazine, has a sirus radio show each day and has a spot on one of the early morning tv shows called Simply Green. He also has two other books: "Simply Green Parties" & "Simply Green Giving". They both feature some really cool ideas. You can check those out here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/104-8602102-0089546?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=Danny+Seo&Go.x=11&Go.y=10

Also, here are some other links that give more info about Danny and his cute little house:

http://dannyseo.typepad.com/

http://www.supernaturale.com/articles.html?id=202

http://decor8.blogspot.com/2006/09/eco-expert-danny-seo.html

Enjoy these links and I'll chat with y'all again soon!

No comments: