Monday, October 13, 2008

Yucky Day


What a rainy yucky day outside! Makes me want to bake. I find this my common response to gross weather recently. I'm eyeing a recipe I just saw for something called Sour Cream Apple Pie. I think it's a must for this week. If it turns out good, I'll put the recipe here.
This weekend went by like lightning. Friday night Granny and I went out for a little shopping fun but returned fairly empty handed. Saturday John and I got up and drove down to the lake for his Grandpa's 80th birthday party. It was more fun than I thought. Partly because I got to spend most of the day holding my sister in law's sweet 5 week old baby girl. Something about that made this entire thing click for me. I know being a mother 24/7 isn't like that but looking at that little girl made me just melt all the worries I have away. I can't imagine when it's Hazel there in my arms. Anyway, we drove down and back on Saturday. 6 hours in the car isn't my idea of a good day but we managed. Sunday we did church, then another birthday party (tailgate for my great aunt Bev), then home to fix a known plumbing issue that's been brewing for awhile. Being married to a plumber has it's perks people (Besides the fact that he's so cute that my head very nearly explodes every time I get home from work and he's there). Thankfully all is functioning properly now and we can have clean clothes and bodies again.
More later...

No comments: