Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010







Well Christmas 2010 has come and gone. We spent it quietly at home, snacking on treats, watching movies, talking on the phone to loved ones and taking turns playing with Hazel and her new toys. Overall, a lovely day.
It was very strange to be away from the comforts of "home" this year and we all found it amazing how the weather very much contributes to the feeling for Christmas for us. I'm not sure we ever realized that before. Christmas just doesn't really feel like Christmas when it's 60 degrees outside. Not for me at least. We made it through it though and here we are, on the other side, happy.
Hazel made out like a bandit but there was never any doubt she would. Some many wonderful gifts for her came from our family all over the US. I receive some lovely things too. A wonderful cookbook from my Dad, some fancy chocolate and macaroons but my favorite was my new bird earrings from John. They haven't left my ears since right after I took that photo above. I doubt they will be any time soon either.
More gifts should be arriving today. Amazing. This year I didn't really get as much done as I wanted and I still have gifts to send out (isn't that terrible! If we are someone waiting for something from me, sorry. I ran out of time and steam this year). I'll be getting to those this week. Maybe since it's after the holiday the mail will actually work like it's suppose too.
Ok, I'm off to start my day,
More soon, nm

No comments: