Thursday, November 02, 2006

LifeBlood

I was reading this morning in the bible about relationship with God and found this:

Psalms 16:5 The Lord himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy!

For some reason it just stuck out to me. Sometimes is helps to think of God so literally, at least for me. The word that always comes to mind, and it's a funny one, is lifeblood. It's so dramatic yet wonderful. I love the strong meaning that helps you to realize just how serious this object is to your life. Thinking of God as your food and drink is much the same. Those are things you just can't live without. This week I had a very honest test of that in my life. You really can't live without eating or drinking. I also find it interesting that you also do these things without a lot of thought. Sure we all spend time trying to figure out what sounds good to us but in the end it doesn't take a lot of brain waves to put the food in your mouth. That is how relationship should be with God. Something you do (not mindlessly) but without serious struggle or turmoil. He loves you and wants you to love and trust Him completely.

No comments: