Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back




I've been taking a little break from this space because well, I haven't had much time to get here and write. We're getting back to normal from all our trips recently (napping schedule, etc). Texas was great. Little was a complete JEWEL the entire time. She rode on the plane fine, slept pretty good, and endured the god awful heat far better than the rest of us (For more photos of that, see my Flickr). She's growin like a little weed. Five months today actually. She's eating cereal now (not loving it but eating it). Also, we're experimenting with baby food. We've tried bananas and carrots so far. She liked them both better than the cereal for sure.

Our summer is going great. Lots to do, as summer often ends up being for everyone. I've found some time for some sewing projects and more on the way. I'm planning a mini redo of Hazel's bedding soon. Can't wait to share some photos here. I've been blessed with some new things recently as well (incredible deal on a Kate Landry tote, new pj pants, metallic sandals). Fun stuff.
Day to day life is pretty much normal but lovely. I love being home, even though some days it's hard. Hard to get motivated to wash yet another load of laundry or whatever. Motivated to play and be the kind of mom I want to be but I've been blessed with very understanding and loving people in my life. Hazel is pretty patient with me and John is extremely long suffering. I always feel like I have a list ten miles long of things I need to do and want to do and need to get. It gets a little overwhelming at times but I love it. At least I'm using up all this energy on what's important, my family.

Hopefully more summer fun and photos soon.

No comments: